We can assist patients of all age groups with showering or bathing (depending on the physical capability of the person and dimensions of the bathroom), all aspects of personal hygiene, grooming and dressing whether it be in the morning or evening. During personal care we also check the skin for any problem areas that may need addressing to ensure good skin integrity and good health.
We are familiar with many different types of aids which can be used for personal care i.e. lifting or standing hoists, transfers to wheelchairs etc.
Some of the personal care services we provide include:
- Assistance with medication
- Assistance from chair to bed or chair to toilet
- Grooming including shaving, haircare, nails, (but excluding foot care which is normally undertaken by a podiatrist).
- Assisting continence management (maintaining a toilet regime or helping them to change their underwear/continence aid or bed linen as needed).
- Fitting calipers, splints or other prosthetics as required.